The Greater Cambridge Partnership identified 3 strategies that would attempt to improve the infrastructure in Cambridge and South East Cambridgeshire and provide “faster, more reliable and high-quality public transport links”.
The public consultation period for this study started on the 9th of February 2018 and ends on the 9th of April 2018.
Below highlights a few of the key proposals in the strategies that would directly impact on Linton;
- A peak-hours-only bus lane along the A1307 towards Haverhill on the approach to the Linton Village College (LVC) junction, safety improvements at the Grain store and Dalehead Foods.
- Upgrade the LVC junction traffic signal system
- Modify the traffic signal at the A1307/High street junction to ease the access of buses from the High Street to the A1307.
- No right hand turn (except buses) from the High Street on to the A1307
- Separate consultations to ease buses movement in the village
For the full details of the Transport Study please click on the following link to open the leaflet..